You’re moving out of your place and want your rental bond back in full?
We get it; dealing with real estate agents to ensure you get your full bond returned can be a headache.
But doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive if you know what to do.
Getting your full rental bond refund starts here with a simple guide to bond cleaning designed just for renters.
What’s included in a bond clean?
A bond clean, or an end-of-lease clean or exit clean, is a deep cleaning of a rental property when tenants move out.
The goal is to get the place back to the condition it was in when you first moved in.
This typically includes:
- Cleaning all rooms from floor to ceiling. Floors are swept and mopped, and carpets are vacuumed and steam cleaned. Ceilings, walls, doors, and trim are wiped down to remove any marks or stains.
- Scrubbing kitchens spotless. Ovens, stovetops, microwaves, exhaust fans, cabinets, sinks, and countertops are degreased and polished. Fridges and freezers are emptied, wiped down, and left with the doors propped open.
- Sanitising bathrooms thoroughly. Toilets, showers, bathtubs, vanities, mirrors, floors, and fixtures are scrubbed and disinfected. Tile grout is re-whitened, and mould or mildew is banished.
- Wiping down light fixtures and dusting vents. Cobwebs and built-up grime are removed, so everything looks as good as new.
- Cleaning inside cabinets, drawers and closets. Everything is emptied, wiped down, and vacuumed before putting items back neatly where they belong.
- Mowing lawns, raking leaves, weeding gardens and sweeping outdoor areas. The property’s exterior is tidied and maintained as part of a comprehensive bond clean.
A professional bond cleaning in Melbourne service will handle all these tasks and more using industrial-strength products and equipment to ensure a passing inspection.
They can also perform optional services like carpet shampooing, window washing, or upholstery cleaning if needed.
When done, your place will be spotless and ready for the next tenants to enjoy.
Why is bond cleaning necessary?
Bond cleaning, or end-of-lease cleaning, is required to ensure you get your full bond or security deposit back when moving out of a rental property.
Most landlords or property managers won’t release your bond until an inspection is conducted to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you moved in.
To pass the inspection and have your bond released, a thorough professional bond clean is usually required.
DIY cleaning often misses important details that professionals know to check.
Bond cleaning services employ specialised techniques and use industrial-strength products to clean:
- Floors – Vacuuming carpets, mopping tiles, polishing hardwoods
- Windows – Inside and out, sills and tracks
- Doors – Both sides, including handles and trim
- Walls – Removing marks and wiping down
- Light fixtures – Dusting bulbs and cleaning covers
- Ceilings – Removing cobwebs and wiping away marks
- Kitchen – Oven, stovetop, fixtures, appliances, cupboards (inside & out)
- Bathrooms – Scrubbing showers, baths, sinks, toilets, mirrors and tiles
- Bedrooms – Under beds, behind furniture and wiping down built-ins
By conducting a thorough professional bond clean, the chances of getting your full bond back are significantly increased.
Any cleaning or damage issues will be addressed so there are no surprises when the final inspection occurs.
You’ll have peace of mind knowing the property will be returned in an acceptable condition as outlined in your lease agreement.
Some property managers or landlords may charge additional fees for any required cleaning or repairs needed after you vacate.
Avoid extra charges by booking a reputable bond cleaning in Melbourne service to handle the cleaning for you. They have the experience, equipment, and workforce to get the job done correctly the first time.
Your time is valuable, and cleaning rental properties requires a significant time commitment.
Leave the stress and hassle of bond cleaning behind by hiring a professional to handle it.
Get your bond back and move on to the next chapter!
How much does bond cleaning cost in Melbourne?
The cost of bond cleaning can vary depending on the size of your property and the level of cleaning required.
For a standard 3-bedroom home, you can expect to pay between $200 to $350 for a professional bond clean.
Some of the factors that determine the price include:
- Square footage of the property. Larger homes with more rooms and space will cost more to clean than a smaller apartment or unit.
- Number of bathrooms. More bathrooms mean more time cleaning showers, tubs, sinks, toilets and tiles.
- Condition of the property. A property in poor condition with built-up grime and dirt will cost more to clean than a well-maintained home. Deep cleaning and stain removal can increase the price.
- Additional services. Things like carpet steam cleaning, upholstery cleaning, window washing and oven cleaning will be an extra charge on top of the standard bond cleaning.
The best way to get an accurate price for your bond cleaning is to obtain quotes from a few reputable cleaning companies.
Ask them to inspect your property to see exactly what needs to be cleaned.
Get the quotes in writing and be sure they outline what is included and not included in the price.
Some companies may charge by the hour for additional services outside of the standard cleaning.
If there are any issues, address them right away before making your final payment.
A professional bond clean should leave your place spotless and help ensure you get your full security deposit back when you move out.
How to choose a bond cleaning company in Melbourne?
Choosing a reputable bond cleaning company is essential to ensure you get your full bond back when moving out of a rental property.
Here are some tips to help you find a company that will do a thorough job:
- Look for companies that specialise in bond cleaning. These companies are familiar with the high standards required to pass property inspections.
- They use heavy-duty products and equipment to clean from top to bottom. General cleaning companies may miss important details that could cost you your bond.
- Check online reviews from sites like Google, Facebook, and Product Review.
- Look for companies with mostly positive reviews mentioning good service, quality cleaning, and full bond refunds. Be wary of companies with no reviews—they may be too new or inexperienced.
- Get multiple quotes from different companies and compare. Ask exactly what is included in the price to determine what offers the best value.
- Discuss your specific needs with each company. Explain any problem areas in the property that will require extra attention.
- Ask if they have experience cleaning similar rental properties. Their knowledge and experience level will give you confidence in their ability to thoroughly clean your place.
Ensure bond cleaning company you’re choosing is properly insured and all cleaners are fully trained. Proper insurance protects you in the event of any damages.
Discuss the cleaning procedures and products they use. Reputable companies will use commercial-grade products and equipment designed specifically for bond cleaning.
So there you have it – everything you could need to know about bond cleaning. From what bond cleaning is and why it’s important to how to find a quality bond cleaner, what to expect from the process, and what it should cost.
Hiring a professional cleaner can make the bond return process smooth sailing. Make your move effortless with , the reliable choice for bond cleaning in Melbourne services. Opt for a stress-free process, guaranteeing your property is spotless for the next occupants.